Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is another recipe that came from my sister's mission.  It is one of the easiest soups I’ve ever made and it’s delicious!  It makes a lot of soup so it’s good for a crowd.

IMG_4896

Chicken Enchilada Soup
From Jamie Hansen

Ingredients:
1 can (29.2 oz) enchilada sauce
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2 cans chicken broth
2 uncooked chicken breasts

Spanish rice (Lipton works well but you can use another brand)
1 can black beans
2 cups corn (I just did one can of corn last time)

Directions:
Put the first 4 ingredients in your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove chicken, shred/cut and return to pot. Prepare spanish rice. Add beans, corn, and as much rice as you want.
Garnish with all kinds of yummy things like: tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, sour cream, olives, and green onions.

Notes:
--I halved this recipe last night with great success.  It serves 4-5 people when halved (depending one how much each person eats).
--I usually add about 3/4 of the rice.
--This soup is absolutely delicious with avocado on top.  I didn’t get a picture after adding avocado, but it is a necessary addition when I make this soup. Trust me, it’s delicious!

-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...