Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookie Week: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

What a wonderful week.  I sure love cookies.  

This recipe came to me from a friend when I was in college.  She brought these cookies in to share one day, and I was beside myself they were so delicious.  I loved everything about them.  I begged her for the recipe, which she gave me willingly (no begging was actually necessary, I just couldn't help myself).  If you like peanut butter and chocolate together, these are for you.  Really.  They may seem simple, but oh boy are they amazing!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Kaylene


Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
1 1/3 cup oats (not instant)
1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, and both kinds of sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Sprinkle salt and baking soda into the bowl and briefly mix to combine.  Add flour and oats and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by the spoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, 9 to 11 minutes.

Notes:
--When I use peanut butter in baking I buy the cheap generic stuff because peanut butter can be so expensive.  I've used both name brand and generic in these cookies, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't make a difference.  I would stay away from the natural peanut butters that separate and need to be stirred though.
--My favorite baking sheets are actually jelly roll pans.  The light metal and the rim on the pan make for perfectly baked cookies.  It's wonderful.  I highly recommend them.

Enjoy!
-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...