Thursday, December 16, 2010

Double Chocolate Dream Cookies

What's that you say?  Cookie week was last week?  Well, I just can't help but share this cookie recipe today.  It's been in my arsenal for several years now, and it's definitely a keeper.  It's nice and versatile, too.  We originally found the recipe on the back of the bag of Nestle Toll House chocolate chips years ago while we were in college.  What a wonderful find that was!
 

Double Chocolate Dream Cookies
adapted from Nestle Toll House
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips*
*see Notes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and both kinds of sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Sprinkle salt and baking soda into the bowl and mix briefly to combine.  Add cocoa and mix well.  Add flour and mix.  Finally, stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until just set.  Allow to set up on the baking sheet for at least two minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

Notes:
--I make this recipe with many different types of chips.  I used white chocolate chips for the ones in the photo.  You can also use peanut butter chips or semisweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips or any combination, really.  My favorite is half white chocolate and half semisweet chocolate.
--I measure my cocoa as a heaping 1/2 cup.  I like my cookies nice and chocolatey, so I almost use 3/4 cup.
--Try not to overbake these cookies or they will be too crispy.  I wait until large cracks form on the tops of the cookies and they no longer have that wet doughy look.

Enjoy!
-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...