Monday, November 22, 2010

Soft Gingersnaps

I love gingersnaps.  I love them soft, warm, and with just the right amount of spices (not too spicy, but not bland at all).  I love the way they make our apartment smell.  They are a beautiful thing for fall and winter!


Soft Gingersnaps
adapted from allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla1/2 cup molasses
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
additional sugar (to roll the cookies in)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Add baking soda, salt, and spices.  Add flour.  If dough is too sticky, refrigerate for 10 minutes before rolling.  Roll into roughly one inch balls and then roll them in sugar.  Refrigerate dough between batches.  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.


Notes:
--I'm too impatient to mix my dry ingredients separately from my wet, but if you are less impatient than me, feel free to do it.
--I'm always tempted to take these out before they are all the way done.  Wait until there are large cracks in the top of the cookies, and they have that golden hue (instead of the brown color of the unbaked dough).  


Enjoy!
-Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...